If your agency hasn’t yet hit its stride working as a remote organization, here are a few resources that may be useful.
What to do and not to do
- Remote work emergency plan: What to do (and where to start), from GitLab
- What not to do when implementing remote: don’t replicate the in-office experience remotely, from GitLab
Handbooks for working remotely
Companies of all sizes have been working remotely with great success well before the pandemic. Here are just a few with links to their handbooks describing how they do it.
- Gitlab’s Guide to All-Remote
- Trello’s How to Embrace Remote Work: The Complete Guide to Setting Up Your Team for Remote Work Success
- Zapier’s The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
- Slack’s The Ultimate Guide to Remote Meetings in 2020
- Slack’s Guide to Working Remotely in Slack
- Ahoy Team’s Remote Company Culture Guide for the Slack Generation
- Basecamp’s Guide to Internal Communication
Hiring a remote workforce
If you’re new to hiring a remote workforce, this may be helpful.
- A compilation of info from InVision’s Greg Storey, Sr. Director, Executive Programs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Aeglaw0DYPXoM9L4WE6ftK3g1PgEorTIoCprjW-jMhI
- A compilation of reports, ebooks, articles, and more from Owl Labs: https://www.owllabs.com/blog/remote-work